If the terrific pay and benefits that come from accompanying celebrities and dignitaries on their private journeys around the world appeals to you, consider Julie Perry your new career coach.Welcome to the World of the Rich and Famous. . .Travel, Adventure, and Multi-Million-Dollar Yachts
A sea of opportunity awaits you in one of the world's most exciting industries: LUXURY YACHTING.
Part how-to guide, part travelogue, The Insiders' Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess
not only outlines the step-by-step process to getting hired aboard a luxury yacht, it also reveals what life is really like aboard these oceangoing toys of mankind's most affluent. Packed with anecdotal stories from her time on the high seas, catering to some of the most demanding guests in the world, Julie Perry's account of life "below deck" on a megayacht is informative and humorous.Imagine yourself:
- Living basically expense-free on a floating, five-star hotel with the chance to explore such exclusive celebrity hot spots as St. Tropez, Portofino, and St. Barts
- Getting paid outstanding money to travel in style aboard these $5 million+ mega vessels (and we're NOT talking cruise ships here!)
- Networking with a high-profile, jet-set crowd as you venture to the most exotic and remote ports in the world. . .
Learn HOW in the updated, 2nd edition of The Insider's Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess
and be working aboard a luxury yacht in no time! This book is dedicated to making your journey as easy and hassle-free as possible. . .
Since 2006, The Insiders' Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess
has been a must-read guide for hopeful, young travelers and those intrigued by a career path in the superyacht industry. Based on her own work experience and interviews with dozens of yachting industry insiders and recruiters, Julie Perry's updated version of this clever and entertaining career guide delivers all the exclusive advice and practical guidance you need to get started---and succeed!---as a luxury yacht steward/ess.The Insiders' Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess offers:
- Candid personal stories from working with the rich & famous aboard large yachts
- Three full chapters devoted to a yacht steward's many responsibilities--from chamber maid to party planner
- Three more chapters all about the megayacht industry: You'll gain insight into how big these vessels are, who owns them, how much they cost, where they travel, what they're like inside, and more important for you if you're considering this as a career path, who works on them.
- An easy-to-follow Quick Start Guide to landing your first crew job
- Suggested courses to enroll in as entry-level crew to increase your job prospects
- Resource lists and contact information for crew recruiting agencies, crew training schools, and crew housing options in the U.S., Europe, Australia, and South Africa
- Insider tips from dozens of industry professionals
- Recommendations to help you fund your job hunt and conduct your job search online
- Guidance on putting together a winning résumé/CV and advice on how to handle crew-job interviews
- A Foreword written by Adrienne Gang, the chief stewardess on Bravo TV's hit reality show Below Deck
From the pay to the people to the travel, this Insiders' Guide also covers all the perks that make luxury yachting such a dynamic and incredible career path. . .no matter what your background! Let seasoned travel professional Julie Perry be your guide to the private domain where royalty, celebrities, and billionaires vacation.