Book Title: Unschooling Rules: 55 Ways to Unlearn What We Know About Schools and Rediscover Education
Publisher: Greenleaf Book Group
Author: Clark Aldrich
The most powerful new ideas in education are coming from the families that have given up on schools. From his experience with homeschoolers and unschoolers, education guru Clark Aldrich distills a revolutionary manifesto of 55 core ''rules'' that reboots our vision of childhood education and the role of schools. The include:
● Learn to be; learn to do; learn to know.
● Tests don't work. Get over it. Move on.
● What a person learns in a classroom is how to be a person in a classroom.
● Animals are better than books about animals.
● Internships, apprenticeships, and interesting jobs beat term papers, textbooks, and tests.
● The only sustainable answer to the global education challenge is a diversity of approaches.
This accessible book provides you with a path forward, whether you're a parent or teacher, a school administrator, or a national policy decision maker.